Christian Neverdal Jonassen / flyrev
I currently work for Kodeworks in Trondheim, where I do various things (Scala/Akka/Web). You can see my full resume here.
If you want to see my opinions about how to make better software, see my blog.
Academic and professional experience:
- I was an intern at Kodeworks in 2013, where I worked on
a project called "secure
mobile platform". For the most part I built tools, but there was some
occasional hacking on the Android platform as well. I had a lot of
- (I took the summer of 2012 off since there was less time than
usual between the semester ending in the U.S. and starting again in Norway)
- I was an intern at ARM in 2011, where I was part of a team making a graphics demo. I knew very little before interning there, and was frequently overwhelmed by the whole thing. I learned a lot, though I wish I could have contributed more.
- In the course IT2901, we spent the semester making a plugin for Smeedee that allows it to interface with Git. The code can be found here. In the process I really learned test-driven development, and got a first-hand experience in dealing with weird problems like libraries with undocumented bugs and missing functionality (and interpreting weird error messages).
- In a first-year course on object-oriented programming, we made a neat little space shooter (download the .jar file here). It has three levels. The first boss is too difficult, which is my fault. I have wanted to write a new space shooter ever since, but I haven't gotten around to it.
Tutoring and teaching at NTNU:
- Spring 2014: Student assistant in TDT4100: Object-oriented programming
- Fall 2013: Teaching assistant in TDT4120: Algorithms and data
structures. Held exercise lectures, organized lab hours and answered
- Spring 2012: Student assistant in TDT4100: Object-oriented
programming. I was awarded a chocolate for having made the most
Piazza contributions out of all the student assistants. :-)
- Fall 2012: Student assistant in TDT4120: Algorithms and data
structures. Held the last exercise lecture (parallelism, dynamic programming and general repetition).
- Spring 2011: Teaching assistant in TDT4100: Object-oriented programming.
- Fall 2010: Teaching assistant in IT110: Introduction to
informatics. Held weekly exercise lectures and updated the problem sets with new problems.
- Spring 2010: Student assistant in TDT4100: Object-oriented programming.
- Fall 2009: Student assistant in IT110: Introduction to informatics.
Organizing and other things:
- I was a judge and wrote half the problemset
Open and Nordic Collegiate Programming Contest
- NCPC at NTNU in 2009 and
2010. We also made four tutorial videos: three about simulation
about all pair
shortest-paths (all in Norwegian).
- I also authored two trivial problems for the Nordic Collegiate Programming Contest, one in 2010 and one in 2012.
- I had a summer job at the computer science department at NTNU in 2010.
- I worked as a writer for readme, the
fraternity newspaper for computer science and communication
technology at NTNU, from 2010-2013. Mostly I have written about
simple algorithms. Their taco is the best in the world.
- I was committe leader (for the "course committe")
at Online, the fraternity for
informatics at NTNU, in 2009-2010. It was a lot of fun. I organized a lot of stuff, and held one small course in how to use SVN and Eclipse. Good times. I miss it.
- I wrote a plugin for Google Chrome that will add an extra bookmarks bar to the browser (sort of - it's certainly not as smooth as the in-built one). Install it from the Google Web Store.
- I wrote a plugin for Google Chrome that will hide previously viewed videos from the "Related videos" feed. If you don't care about the code and just want to install it, it's also in the Google Web Store.
- My StackOverflow account.
- I have solved 16 (too few!) problems on Project Euler.
- Some implementations of some string algorithms.
- Me trying to
algorithms in Haskell. This is a slow-moving project.
- Ages ago, I made a fully functional CMS in PHP for my taekwondo club. It is still in use today.
- Another very old page I wrote was a system for submitting and displaying Norwegian verbs ending in -ere. It is here. We still get emails from people who are curious about certain words, where we usually just make up an answer.
- I have been playing the guitar on and off for quite a few years
now. For the most part it's AC/DC songs.
- I enjoy playing Counter-Strike, DotA 2, StarCraft II and Crysis. StarCraft II has a lot of custom games which are not really about StarCraft. Here you can see me beat StarJeweled on insane. And another time I did that. It was completely pointless, but it was fun.
- I enjoy science fiction (Star Trek, StarGate, Battlestar
- I enjoy playing board games like Munchkin, Dominion and Battlestar
- I enjoy reading popular science (Lawrence Krauss, Richard
- A lot of time is spent/wasted on comedy: Craig Ferguson, Bill
Burr, Louis CK, Jeff Foxworthy, Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Dara
O'Briain, Stephen Colbert and Bill
Maher to name a few.
One cannot help but love the StackExchange network. My flair: